It’s that time of year again!
DoSomething‘s Give A Spit About Cancer campaign is back, partnered with Be The Match, to encourage college students to help run bone marrow drives. Did you know that people aged 18 to 24 are the most successful donor matches?
This age group is especially important since only 30 percent of patients in need of bone marrow can find a match within their families. The other 70 percent rely on total strangers, which makes it imperative to answer Mr. Rogers’ age-old question: “Won’t you be my neighbor?”
So grab some friends and save some lives. Host a spit party on your campus to potentially help someone with blood cancer. This is a great event for Greek organizations involved in philanthropy or just for a group of friends wanting to do something good on their college campus. All it takes to sign up for the bone marrow donor registry, and potentially save a life, is a cheek swab. That’s it!
To get started, sign up here. You must be 18 or older to register.