High school and college students kind of get a bye when it comes to extravagant gifts during the holidays, as relatives and friends typically know that the average salary for a student is $0.
However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t budget-friendly ways to give awesome gifts. Here are some ideas!
1. Take it to Pinterest for some craft ideas. Pinterest has become the one-stop shop for all things crafty. If you’re feeling especially creative this holiday season, check out any of the boards. This one is on College Budget Gift-Giving.
2. Bake something. No one can resist free food! Especially if it’s made from the heart. And your family will be proud of you for branching out with your culinary skills!
3. Visit college/student discount sites. There are plenty of websites out there that are geared toward student discounts. Sites like College Budget are designed for you in mind. You can also use Student Base Camp to locate student discounts across the country.
4. Take advantage of being a student. A student ID can get you discounts at a lot of places. Instead of buying gifts, treat mom and dad to something like a trip to the movies—on you!
5. Forego wrapping paper. Use the Sunday funnies or old magazines for unique wrapping paper. You go green—and you save money!